Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- Diploma of Counselling
- Currently undertaking Bachelor of Counselling
- Ongoing yearly Professional Development (PD) and Clinical Supervision requirements of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for "service to families affected by Asperger's Syndrome, Australia Day Honours List 2014.
- Member of the Australian Counselling Association
- Australian Counselling Association
- Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors
- Asperger Syndrome Partner Information Australia Inc (ASPIA)
- Order of Australia Association
- Carers NSW
- Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW
- Mental Health Professionals Network
Current Employment and Roles:
- Phone and online counselling sessions, including after-hours.
- President and Co-ordinator of ASPIA INC (Asperger Syndrome Partner Information Australia Inc), a support group and website for partners (& family members) of adults with Asperger’s Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- This group is based in Sydney and has been operating since June 2003 www.aspia.org.au
Four years (2011 - 2015) as Generalist Counsellor in the Mental Health Team of Upper Murray Health & Community Services in Corryong, Victoria (a rural health service).
Why did I become a Counsellor?
- In the year 2000 a Counsellor listened to me and validated my untold story, enabling me to begin a new journey of personal change and choice.
- It has been my dream to be able to offer the same listening ear, validation and support to others who are climbing their way through the confusing tangles of life, particularly relationships.
- I have a special interest in relationships affected by Asperger's Syndrome. My personal experience includes a marriage of 20 years (1983 - 2003) to a husband diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Our experience of living with unidentified AS and not being able to source information or support until after 17 years of a confusing and highly conflictual relationship led to me establishing a support group for partners of adults with Asperger's Syndrome in 2003. Although my personal circumstances have changed since that time, my passion to provide information and support to partners continues to this day and I continue to co-ordinate ASPIA and its website, with help from my wonderful Committee and web developer (www.aspia.org.au).
- It has been my work through ASPIA since pre-2003 that led to me being recognised for the award of the Medal of the Order of Australia in the Australia Day 2014 Honours List for "service to families affected by Asperger's Syndrome".